Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is shopping online safe?
Yes, but like most things in life, some care should be used. There are minimum requirements for safe online shopping.
- Make sure the business is a legitimate one. Is it a corporation or LLC that must be registered with the state and can be easily looked up at the state website? Do they provide their address? If it is a PO BOX, do they also provide their actual physical address? Do they have a telephone number that you can call? If it is an 800 number, do they also provide their local landline number?
- Make sure you are on a Secure web page (HTTPS: in the address bar) when you enter any type of personal information or Credit Card. The most advanced Security on the web today is SSL/EV (Secure Socket Layer/Extended Validation. How do you know? Look for the address bar to Turn Green.
- PayPal Checkout - TrueChrome recommends signing up and using PayPal. PayPal keeps your Credit Card Information Secure and you do not have to expose it to every store you purchase from. It's a 1 Click Checkout, greatly reducing your risk of online theft, as well as errors. Just look for the Yellow PayPal Logo when you shop. Once in the Shopping Cart, you will only need to click on the PayPal Checkout button. What could be easier?
Will You Deliver to the Installer?
Yes, we will deliver to the Installer!
Will You Accept a Check?
We really should not take a check but we do extended that courtesy to some of our customers. Yes, we can accept check but we will hold it until it clears (about 10 days).
Will You Ship to a P.O. Box?
No. We need a Real Physical Address to confirm delivery.
Will You Guarantee My Order Will be Delivered by a Certain Date?
No. Under NO circumstances will be responsible for the delivery date of your order. In fact, our policy is to delete any orders that come with a contingent on the delivery date. If a deliver date is critical, we highly recommend you shop at a local store so you can take the item you need home yourself. There are just too many issue that can delay delivery. That said, we will do the best we can to process your order in a timely manner and see that it gets sent to the warehouse the same evening you entered it.
Many stack orders will ship the following day, but due to the large number of Stack sizes and types, and because inventory is constantly changing, your stack may not be sitting on the shelf. In this case, TrueChrome will call you and let you know when your stack/s are expected to ship. Using from 1 to 4 weeks. We may also offer you alternatives, if available, that are able to ship sooner. Naturally you have the right to cancel your order anytime, there will be a delay in shipping. We have found that most customer understand, that stacks are not always available to ship immediately and do not have a problem with it. In the case of delayed shipping, we will call you when your stack does ship to remind you that it is on the way, so you can keep an eye out for it.
How Long Will My Delivery Take?
It is important to understand that there are 2 times that make up the total time for the delivery of your purchase. The first is Product Fulfillment and the second is Product Delivery.
- The time of Product fulfillment is the time it takes to get your order, process the credit card information, send it to the warehouse, waiting in the warehouse queue, pull it from the shelves (or possible manufacturing time), and put it on the delivery truck. This time usually takes anywhere from a few hours to 3 or 4 days if your order is placed on Friday afternoon and has to wait until Monday (or Tuesday if a holiday). It can take as much as 2 or 3 weeks if the product has to be manufactured.
- The second, product delivery time, is what you pay for by selecting Ground or 3-Day. This usually takes anywhere from 1 to 6 days and weekends and holidays do not count. Selecting 3-days can actually take as many as 6 days if it includes a weekend and a holiday. What all delivery agents use is 3 working/business days. There is no such thing as Guaranteed 3-day counting the day of the order. We have had customers enter their order on Friday and expect it on Sunday. It is unrealistic, since it will not even be shipped until Monday (if not a holiday) at the earliest and Thursday would be 3-day (if Monday ,Tuesday & Wednesday are not holidays).
We try to get every day's orders processed each night, so that most will be delivered within 5 or 6 business days Max, although around Christmas time we tend to get a day or two behind. During most of the year most areas can expect delivery within 2 to 7 business days, if you order early in the day. Selecting 3-Day Shipping may get it there within 3 business days from the day ordered, if ordered before 8:00 am Eastern Time, but please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee you a delivery date as the delivery service is not in our control.
You can help by making sure your information is correct, so double check it and make sure you do NOT use a P.O. Box as the Ship To: address because we can not ship to a P.O. Box address.
The Most Common Reasons that Delay an Order are:
- Wrong expiration date for Credit Card (Top Reason)
- Billing Address given, does NOT match the Address your bank has on file and Bills You for your credit card. (Make Sure this is Correct)
- Shipping Address is a P.O. Box and NOT a Physical Address.
Delay is compounded if the phone and email are not correct. In fact, give us a bad phone number and we will cancel the order. After all you are asking us to trust you when you order.
How to Cancel Order?
If, for some reasons you want to cancel your order contact us immediately by replying back to the copy of your Sales Order, so your cancellation request is documented and dated. Any order cancelled before it is shipped will NOT incur a fee, however, once your order has shipped, it will have to come back as a return at your expense and you will also be required to pay a 15% restocking/processing fee. Almost all distributors charge a 15% restocking fee. Please Note: An order is considered shipped once it is received by the shipping dept.